Thursday, December 18, 2008

AWOL: Moving House


My blog for the last week regrettably has little to do with Net 11 but a lot to do with learning.

This time has been painfully spent away from my trusty computer as we moved house from the hustle and bustle of Brisbane city life to the cool serenity of the Sunshine Coast Hinterland. Along with the necessary mishaps of too small a removalists truck and terrible service in re-establishing our internet service, I am finally moved and back on line.

So this week I have a different 5 tips. These are the 5 tips for moving house.
1. Never move house in a Queensland summer... This is a hell that has to be endured to be believed. Save time, just believe me and don't do it.
2. When studying a computer based course, find an internet provider that actually has a clue and don't lose all internet access for over a week.
3. Don't rely on your children to help, and count on the fact that they'll have done absolutely nothing that you've asked.
4. Don't move whilst pregnant and expect to do everything that you can do any other time. Lady, get a grip... the little person in your belly does not like you over-exerting and will make you more tired than you thought possible.
5. Pay someone else to do absolutely everything for you or make sure you have good insurance and accidentally leave the frying pan on whilst you go shopping for a few hours.

So, Net 11 aside, these are the things I have learned this week. Now hopefully I can get back to the business of learning.

2 comments:

Jim Cameron said...

Moving sure sucks!

Some removalists are absolutely fantastic - and then there are the other sort.

I can relate to tip#3 about the kids helping - or not! Tip#5 also has the ring of truth, or temptation!

I'm sure your new place will be so good you'll soon forget the hassles.

Cheers, Camo

Anonymous said...

Tip 5 is my golden rule of moving. After god knows how many share houses and the like in my younger years. I now leave all the "heavy lifting" and such to the professionals!